- “Topics in Adoption History,” The Adoption History Project
- “State Statutes Search,” Child Welfare Information Gateway
- “State Legislation,” American Adoption Congress
- Native American, see 25 U.S. Code § 1917, Indian Child Welfare Act
- “Adoption Reunion Registry,” Adoption.com
- “Adoption Search Registries and Reunion Registries Listed by State, For Adoptees, Birth Parents and Relatives,” Genesearch.com
- G’s Adoption Registry
- International Soundex Reunion Registry
- “Adoption,” Cyndi’s List
- Amanda H. L. Transue-Woolston. Lost Daughters: Writing Adoption From a Place of Empowerment and Peace. CQT Media and Publishing, 2014.
- Ann Fessler. The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe v. Wade. Penguin Books, 2007. NOTE: See my blog post reviewing this book.
- Carol Schaefer. The Other Mother. CreateSpace, 2013.
- Karin Evans. Lost Daughters: Writing Adoption From a Place of Empowerment and Peace. Tarcher, 2008.
- Nancy Newton Verrier. The Primal Wound: Understanding the Adopted Child. Gateway Press, 2003.
- Reg Niles. Adoption agencies, orphanages, and maternity homes: An historical directory. 1981.
- Reg Niles.The Reg Niles Searchbook for Adult Adoptees, Vol. 1. (2013)
- Reg Niles. The Reg Niles Searchbook for Adult Adoptees, Vol. 2. (2012)